It’s been said that a recruiter spends an average of six seconds looking at a candidate’s CV before moving it to the shortlist or rejection pile. That doesn’t give you long to make a winning impression. And if you’re wanting to change career, you’ll have even more of a challenge standing out against other applicants who have all the relevant experience. This combination of factors means it’s essential that you get your CV right.
Every person is unique, so every CV should be too.
Your CV should reflect who you are. It’s your opportunity to sell yourself, illustrate why you’re better than all the other candidates applying for the same role, and convince the recruiter that you’ll be an asset to the company. All in six seconds.
In the tailored CV Clinic, I’ll give you honest, practical feedback on your current CV and advice on what changes you can make so that it stands out from the masses, while staying true to who you are.
Whether your CV needs a few tweaks or a complete overhaul, I can help polish your CV so that it sets you up for the best chance of success.
What we’ll cover
- Design: how best to present your CV to engage recruiters
- Content: what’s worth including (and just as importantly, what not to include)
- Format: chronological vs skills-based layout
- Strategy: the best approach for career changers
What you can expect
- Two calls over the phone or Skype, each lasting up to an hour
- The first will focus on your current CV and the second on your new and improved CV
- Practical, impartial tips on how to sharpen your CV, cover letter or LinkedIn profile
- A clear action plan of next steps
- Personalised and personable 1-2-1 support
- A professional coach focused entirely on you during our time together
The CV Clinic costs £180.